Monday, March 21, 2011

Family Update

It has been awhile since I have had the time to sit down and update out blog. I know, I pretty much suck. Since the kids are playing quietly, which won't last long, I thought I would update my blog for anyone who cares.
This year has been crazy so far. We have been insanely busy. Jason got a new route at work and he is now gone 2 nights a week so we pretty much never see him. When he is home, he is so exhausted that he doesn't want to go any where and the kids and I are ready to get out of the house. So needless to say, it has been very hard on us all.
Dance competition season has started for Keana. So for the next few months our Saturdays will be spent taking her all over the state to compete with her dance team. She is a great dancer though, and I love every minute of it. She is not too far away from turning the big 12. I have been having her babysit for me every now and then and she does great with the kids. I am sure that soon others will be call for her to babysit and then I will have to raise my pay to keep her around. I can't believe that she will be in Junior High next year. I remember when I was in Junior High, I HATED it! I hope she had better success than I did. She has a great personality and makes friends so quickly that I am sure it won't be a problem for her. I don't know how I have managed to raise such a amazing daughter so far, but I hope it continues. I really think I just got lucky with her. (:
Justin is Justin, he is a hoot. He is in kindergarten this year and I cannot believe how quickly and easily he picks things up. He is reading and writing really well. I have to admit, I was really concerned about him but I have since learned I had nothing to worry about. He is such a character, he says some of the funniest things. He will keep you laughing for days. There are moments where I want to lock him up because he is making me crazy, but then he comes over and gives me a big hug and kiss and tells me how much he loves me. It melts my heart. There is something about a bond between a son and a mother and I am glad I am able to experience that with him.
Kambri is my baby. She is spoiled rotten and I did it. I created a monster. She is so stinkin' cute that I just can't resist her when she wants something. I vowed to never have a child like her and I do. It is all my doing though. I think it is because she is my baby and I am sad that she is growing up, so I just give in to her. She just had tubes put in her ears a few weeks ago and has been a whole different person. She is sleeping all night now and she is talking even more than she was before. At first she had a hard time with them because she could actually hear again and it was strange to her, but now she is great. When Keana and Justin sit down to do their homework, she is right there with them asking me how you spell certain words. She loves to be like her big brother and sister and I am so glad that she has them to teach her.
As for me, I am training to run the Ragnar in June. I am really nervous about it. I am lucky to have a large group of ladies to push me to go further and faster. 2-3 times a week we all get together and go running. We get up long before the sun decides to get up and we run together and chat away. It has been so much fun. I only hope I can run my legs on the Ragnar with out all of them running beside me.
Oh yea and we SOLD our house. We are scheduled to move out in 10 days!!! I am so excited to start a new chapter in our lives. I am also very nervous about the unknown. Jason and I are talking very seriously about moving to Idaho, where he is from, and raising our family there. But, we are unsure right now what will happen. That is what scares me the most. I like stability, and everything right now is far from that. For now we are moving in with Jason's mom. She has a little mother in law type of apt in her basement, so she has been kind enough to let us stay there for a few months until we know for sure what we are doing. It is going to be a hard adjustment for me, but I know things will work out. Oddly enough, I am not as worried about it as I thought I would be, I am worried, but I am also pretty calm and excited about it. That is so not my personality. Usually something like this has me stressed beyond stressed, so maybe my calmness is a good sign that we are doing the right thing.
Anyways.......sorry for the long post. Hope you enjoy reading our family update.

4 comments:

Hollie Hanson said...

I loved reading your update! Honestly, I thought you'd given up blogging :) lol
Yay for Idaho! I am sure everything will work itself out how it is supposed to. You guys are awesome. And I am so excited for your race! Maybe I should come take pics :) hee hee
I signed up for a mud race in July. hahahaaaa Should be funny!

Randi Lynn said...

Please oh please move to Idaho.
That's my not so subliminal message for the day :)
I'm still just in crazy awe of you for running the Ragnar! You're going to do amazing!

warnerfam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
warnerfam said...

I am so excited that you guys sold your house! (but sad that you might be moving away) I have been a slacker of a friend but hopefully you will still be in Utah and we can do a BBQ in a few months. Good luck with moving and everything! Let me know if you need anything!