Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hope of America

Last night Keana's school choir was able to perform at the Marriot Center for Hope of America. They said they had 7400 students sign up. It was so big this year that they had to split it in half and do it in 2 different nights. When my mom and I came into the stadium this is what we saw. These are the students from about 15 different elementary schools. They all had different color shirts on to make up the American Flag. It was so cool. They sang about 14 songs all related to America. Then there was some dancers on the floor as well. I wasn't sure what to expect when we got there, I didn't realize it would be this big. It was so fun to see the kids make up the American Flag.

The very last song, they turned out all the lights and the kids all had flashlights. This was my favorite part of the whole thing. It is amazing what you can do with thousands of kids.

1 comments:

Hollie Hanson said...

Wow! That is so cool! I love things like that. And anything patriotic! D: