I hope every one had a Merry Christmas. We had a wonderful X-mas, the kids of coarse got tons of stuff, from Santa and family. Jason got his ice fishing tent he wanted and I got a trip to Hawaii and a treadmill. We spent the day together as a family and went to see Avatar later in the day. I know I am a terrible mom for taking my kids to see that movie, but it was really good and I really didn't see what was wrong with it. I would upload some pictures, but my camera is being dumb and won't let me upload anything.
We also had a great New Year, we were able to spend it with some friends and we actually stayed up until after midnight. That is really rare in our home. The next morning the kids slept in until 9:30. I was loving that.
So here is an update on how we are doing:
Keana is 10 and in the fifth grade, she is getting so big and so much more responsible. She is also a girl and is very dramatic. Ugh I am so not ready for the next few years, it is going to be a long battle for the both of us. She is doing really well in school, of coarse. She is a very smart girl and school is easy for her. She also just had a dance recital a couple of weeks ago. I was so proud of her I started to cry. It amazes me how talented she is. I have know idea where it comes from, because I am not book smart, and I am far from being graceful. Trust me, you don't want to see me try and dance.
Justin is almost 5 and of coarse is his busy little self. He is always running around the house trying to shoot something with his bow or his gun. He does not know how to sit still. It makes me crazy sometimes, but his dad is the same way. So he comes by it honestly. This is his last year in preschool and its off to kindergarten. I can't believe how time flies. It makes me a little sad, but I am always so proud of them and their accomplishments. You have to let go sometime.
Kambri is just Kambri. She is a busy body like her brother. She is a climber too. I am constantly finding her on the counters or table. When she sees something she wants she will figure out how to get it, no matter what. She is very determined, which sucks now, but will be a good thing as she gets older, I hope. She is almost 18 months now and talking a lot. She tries so hard to have a conversation, but most of it is just mumbo jumbo. At least she is trying.
Jason is still working for Aramark. We are hoping for big changes this year though. He has a couple of things in the works, but we are not telling anyone until it is all said and done. He is still going hunting and fishing as much as he can. Every weekend he has something planned. I am glad he has something he enjoys doing, in fact I have actually picked up bow hunting too. I love it and it is something we can do together. I will even go ice fishing with him, as long as he has the tent set up with the heater going. (:
I am pretty much insanely busy. I started working at Downeast Outfitters in Am. Fork a few months ago, to earn some extra money. I love my job and every one I work with, it is just really hard leaving my family in the evening time to go to work. I am also babysitting. I babysit 2 two year old's and a four year old. All boys, I might add. So my days are full of lots of wrestling, shooting guns, playing with trucks and all the fun boy stuff. In total during the day I have 5 kids all under the age of 4. It is crazy I know. I also accepted a calling to be the Primary Secretary. Talk about busy, I didn't think that calling was much of a calling. I now know that I was totally wrong for thinking that. I spend a few hours a week or more doing Primary stuff.
So I apologize for being such a slacker on updating my blog. If you made it to the very end of this, I am amazed. I hope everyone had a great holiday season, and has a Happy New Year.
14 years ago



5 comments:
I made it to the end :) So glad you filled us in on your recent happenings. Life is insanely busy lately it seems for everyone! The babysitting sounds super fun! LOL! Now you just need to find the time for your scrapping again.
Love ya!
be amazed, i made it to the end:) I miss working with you every once in a blue moon;)
Yay thanks for updating
Thanks for the update! I've been horrible about blogging lately too!
I was the Primary Secretary for 2 years, it is such a busy calling! I was totally relieved when I was released, I know that's terrible to say!:)
I hope your new year is awesome! Keep us posted on your upcoming changes.
I too, made it to the end :) You've been busy! Glad to hear everythings going well!!! Lets get together when you have a breather!
Post a Comment