Keana and Justin waiting for daddy to be sworn in.
So yesterday was a very big day for us. After a couple of months of a praying and researching Jason decided to join the Utah National Guard. I am really happy for him and glad he finally figured out what he wants to be when he grows up. Right now he is part-time and eventually after about a year or so will be full time. He will be working at Camp Williams. I feel like we are too old to be making this kind of decision, but we found out that he doesn't have to do infantry like we thought. So he will be a Human Resource Specialist. Basically, he will be handling all the paper work for awards and those who are deployed or will be deployed. Which means that his chances of being deployed are a lot less.
After he was sworn in they told me that he will be leaving in 18 days for 4 months. I was really sad and cried a lot. I think I would be okay, if I was able to talk to him everyday. But, they also told me that I can only communicate with him through letters and that is it. Ugh...4 months without hearing his voice, I still tear up thinking about it. Last night he put on his uniform and looked so hot, but I ended up just crying because I knew that this was for real, there was no turning back.
This is way out of my comfort zone, and I am going to struggle getting through this especially with 3 kids. But I can do it, I just have to keep telling myself that. I think Jason will have a harder time because he will be doing a ton of physical stuff while he is gone and there is no quitting.
I am so proud of my husband and proud that he is willing to make such a huge sacrifice for our country. I love him so much.
14 years ago



2 comments:
I still think you guys are crazy! But I am glad that he will be happy in his choice. And I am jealous that he knows what he wants to be when he grows up. I still don't. And we are always here for support!
Making those kind of decisions is so hard. I'm sure the Lord will bless you! I'll keep you in my prayers!
Post a Comment