
For any one how might care, I thought I would update you on how Jason is doing. I have received a few letters from him over the last week. It sounds like he is doing really good. There was a day where they had to hike 2 miles with all their gear on and then repel down a 60 ft tower. He really liked that. He has been doing really well on the physical part of it too. Sounds like he is doing better than the ones younger than him. There has been a couple of days where someone in his unit got busted for doing something wrong, like having a can of chew with him, so the whole unit had to do army crawls through the sand with their faces down and then they had to do a ton of sit ups, push ups, and pull ups. That really made him mad. He said that some of the people in his unit just don't get it. They think they can get away with it and then when they get busted the whole unit has to suffer. He has to get up at 4:00a.m. every morning and they start out with tons of physical stuff. He said that it is really hard to stay awake when they have class time. There has been times where he has had to get up even earlier to be on watch. That is when he will write me some of his letters, just to keep him awake. His drill Sargent doesn't know him by name, they just say "hey you" which is a good thing. You don't want them to know you by name. I guess the guys in his unit call him Private Religion (or something like that) because he reads his Book of Mormon every night. He said that he has taught 3 discussions while he has been out there and gave out a Book of Mormon. I am glad that he hasn't lost his focus since he has been out there.
I miss him a ton but I am so proud of him. Love you Jas.
14 years ago



1 comments:
I'm glad you updated, I get my updates through stef but am glad to hear from you! My cousin just deployed for his 4th tour overseas so I am very proud of jason and you for supporting him! I know you have family close but remember I live just up the street if you need anything!
Post a Comment